This is to CAUTION you and not to scare you. You too may be a victim of it.
Have you ever checked the data related to diseases related to medication that is Iatrogenic diseases?
- Medication (Iatrogenesis) is the fifth leading cause of death in the world.
- Over 100,000 people are killed and over 2 million people maimed and disabled every year…year after year from modern medicine…do you believe this?? .
- There are about 5%–8% of deaths due to this worldwide. In many countries, it is a leading cause of death.
- About 1.4 million patients are affected by the infections at any given time due to the healthcare system.
- In the developed countries, the toll is 5%–10% of patients
- While in developing countries “as many as a quarter of all patients may be affected by a healthcare-associated infection.”
ARE YOU SHOCKED ?
You may read the following articles from the most respected medical journals and institutions (Journal of the American Medical Association, Harvard University, Centers for Disease Control, British medical journal The Lancet, New England Journal of Medicine and national news (New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, US World Report) and you be the judge.
Iatrogenesis is defined by the side effects and risks of medical interventions, such as negative effects on the body’s immune system, blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar.
More effective medical treatments have side effects that can be more frequent and harmful. There is no medical method to quantify and reduce iatrogenic side effects, and there is little research to quantify and reduce them, let alone prevent them.
Time to stop and rethink… we have been hearing that “PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE”
Do we practise it?
Are we not slowly poisoning ourselves ?
Can we reduce the instances of taking medication and visits to hospital?
Time to a step back and rethink!!!!
Drug interactions and Iatrogenic
Taking multiple drugs concurrently and having multiple chronic diseases markedly increase risk of Iatrogenesis.
Side – effects of drugs, misuse of drugs, harmful drug combinations, medical negligence, medical error or misjudgement, contravention of contra – indications and nosocomial disease (one acquired in hospital) can all constitute iatrogenic disease.
Risk factors of iatrogenic disease in the elderly are drug – induced iatrogenic disease, multiple chronic diseases, multiple physicians, hospitalization, and medical or surgical procedures.
Also, certain drugs have an especially high risk of adverse effects in the elderly, due to changes in body composition and drug metabolism.
What is the golden way to avoid this?
- Let your food style be Natural
- Avoid preservatives and packaged food
- Adopt Yoga and Ayurveda
Stop the dominance of pharma giants, the only way to avoid is to be wise and look up to our traditional Ayurvedic medicine system create a balance between Allopathy and Ayurveda. Visit a doctor who believes in minimal medication.
Here a few steps we can follow and stay safe:
- Yoga, a healthy diet, rest, and relaxation are important components of a healthy lifestyle. Yoga is the most perfect health and wellness module as it is comprehensive and holistic in nature. Good eating habits and Yogic principles help to strengthen and develop positive health enabling us to withstand stress and lead a better medicine-free life. A holistic lifestyle activates your inner lymphatic system, cleanse your body, and prepares you to cope with infections and viruses.
- Consider Naturopathy
- Consume natural herbs like Turmeric to boost immunity- to develop a strong immune system many natural herbs and spices have been recommended under Ayurveda and this has been reiterated by the Ministry of Ayush (https://www.ayush.gov.in/docs/125.pdf). One such spice is turmeric and curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric supplements, having anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial, antiviral, and antiparasitic activity play a dynamic role, (backed by numerous reports across the globe). This has to be consumed in a scientific way to increase bio-absorption and make it effective. The world is taking note of this Golden Milk.
- Stop self-medication and go for regular check-ups- We are lazy when it comes to listening to our body’s voice. We often engage in self-medication and never do a routine check-up. A lot of diseases can be cured easily if they are identified at an early stage without any need for harmful medicines.